Blown Glass Ornaments for Beginners
Making custom glass ornaments is easy with Glaskolben pre-blown clear glass cylinders with blow pipe ends. These ornaments have the look reminiscent of traditional European artisans. We'll provide frit and stringers to decorate your glass. No previous flameworking or glassblowing experience is required.
2017 Glass Blowing Classes NOW BOOKING
- Thursdays: Oct 19 to Dec 21 *** 5:30-7:30 & 7:30-9:30
- Saturdays: Oct 21; Nov 4; Nov 18; Dec 2; Dec 16 *** 10:00-12:00; 12:30-2:30; 3:00-5:00
- Sundays: Oct 29; Nov 12; Nov 26; Dec 10; *** 10:00-12:00; 12:30-2:30; 3:00-5:00
- Cost: $120 + GST (about a 1-2 hour class – time varies depending on the individual)
- Provided with 10 glass cylinders to decorate with COE 90 Frit and blow
- # students per class: 2 max – Call studio if requesting a larger group outing.
- Min age: 16 years old
- Safety Waiver: will be required to sign here B4 class starts
When making a booking for Glass Blowing, Artopia requires the following:
- Credit card with expiry date and 3 digit code
or if you do not show up for your session.
Your credit card will be charged the full amount of the class booked.
Safety: Please do NOT wear open toed shoes or sandals. Long pants are recommended but not mandatory. Natural fiber clothes are best, cotton, linen, etc. Long hair should be tied back. Safety glasses must be worn, glasses are provided in class if needed.